PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2016, 07:24
Expressflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LTNman

I share your dismay that there is only one easyJet departure today and I find that incredible - certainly way below any day in January 2015 I would suggest. Quite why SEN is struggling to attract additional business in the current situation baffles me as much as it does you.

I'm flying to ALC on Friday so that will boost the January pax numbers . I'm not leaving my car there but I checked this morning and 13 days parking would cost me £96.75 if I booked it now. That would be the same price if I was flying in June and booked it today. While those prices look very reasonable it isn't until you start to make the booking that those figures appear so anyone just thinking of leaving their car at SEN might assume he will be paying very much more. The webpage does say that "you can make amazing savings" by booking in advance but many people might miss this as it isn't very prominent.

I have heard a couple of interesting rumours over recent days but it wouldn't be prudent to put them in the public domain at this stage. Perhaps there'll be some news by the time I return home at the end of the month.