PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 100th Anniversary of the 1919 Air Race
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2016, 22:22
no_one

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome idea!!!!!

I think it would be great for the challenge to be pushing the boundaries of technology and not just an adventure using existing technology.

I think that with some concerted effort the electric idea is not too far from possible, after all an electric aircraft has broke 200MPH back in 2012. Home | Flight of the Century There is a risk that within the next 3 years the technology may develop to the point that completing the challenge is trivial...

One real challenge for a competitor will be to get the balance between bleeding edge and tried and true right. Do you go bleeding edge and suffer from lack of development or do you go tried and true and get beaten by someone who goes more bleeding edge.

The original Air race had a restriction that the aircraft had to be built within the British Empire and was in part to encourage the development of new aircraft technologies. It would be great if the new competition had the similar aims to develop Australian aircraft technology. How would you define Australian made in the modern era of global supply chains would need some careful thought.

Awesome Idea! My head is spinning with thoughts about how to win this...