PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair & Positioning Pilots
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2016, 21:19
xollob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I actually think the element relating to the expectations of pilot to undertake duties at the behest of the employer on their days off is an important issue. We have seen may things change in a Period of time in the industry and what would have once been no way Jose becomes the norm, or it's okay, there is the proverbial race or the bottom. I am not in any way implying FR have created this (I'm sure there are varying opinions)however as professionals I'd like to think we can all agree that any employer not complying with flight time limitations to reduce the legally required rest/ days off of a crew member in order to increase productive of pilots/employees is not a good thing for any pilot ?

This is, IMHO an important issue which needs to be picked up by the relevant flight ops inspector to make things better for all involved (other than anyones who has a focus to squeeze more out of pilots for nothing in return).At what point does enough become enough, what if FR went transatlantic and the line of work originated in e.g. East Coast USA and you were expected to make your way there on your day off/rest period.... That might sound a little extreme, but 15 years ago if someone said what happens today would be happening the response would have probably been, no way ! It has to stop at some point, can't you all just hit the likes of chirp or the relevant regulator en mass, submit more reports than they know what to do with them ? A press campaign along the lines of what would happen to HGV drivers if they ignore their legal limits ?

Surely there is a will to stop this by the guys within FR ?