PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair & Positioning Pilots
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2016, 09:49
zerotohero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An old Brookfield contract used to say something in the region of

The pilot is responsible for maintaining his own FTL’s in accordance with IAA regulations.

So that means you would have to inform Ryanair if your going over those by positioning as operating crew which is what you are classed as in uniform.

Also out of base work attracts or used to attract an extra €20 per block hour flying. That was to cover all travel expenses, Hotels Meals etc...... Read that as maybe buying a ticket.

Ops Part A states that you can travel as crew as long as you are available to act as crew if requested and is subject to FTL's

In a nut shell I see all this leans towards Ryanair will allow you to position etc and act as crew to save them booking your flight you can do it how you see fit to save fatigue and balance your life . But its on your head to inform them if your exceeding FTL's and not available to work. As the contractors are limited to 900 hours a year and they generally all want the 900 to pay for the loans and type rating no one is ringing up and saying "Hey I recon I am out of hours due jumpseating now" As the question would be raised why did you not use your €20psbh pay to buy a cheap ticket as thats what its for.

Stir the pot and it will probably mean a lot of guys lose out on seeing there families as much as they will have to stay in base on days off.