PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair & Positioning Pilots
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2016, 07:33
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
172 driver

"Maybe I missed something, but did you not leave out a fairly big group - the based contractors sent out of base? It's happening right now, every day of the week, somewhere around the network. Transporting themselves around the network, sometimes up to 3 flights, traveling for 14-15 hrs, coming in on a late wave arrival for an early wave departure as operating crew. Can't argue it's not at the behest of the company."

If that is the case, then I stand corrected on that front. I wasn't aware that "Based Contractors" were being rostered out of other bases with no provision for getting there provided by the company. In that case, I will agree with that point, as that is assuredly duty time, if it is something you have not agreed to do as part of your contract, and an additional burden the company is placing on you. So, yes, unless these guys have "agreed" (maybe in preference to being laid off if their base is shrinking/seasonal ) to operate temporarily from another base, getting to & from the new location "should" be the companies responsibility, and "should" be recorded as duty time.

I know a few Bods based in GRO have to operate from BCN during the Winter months, I "assume" that is with some degree of consent on their part ? but it may be the "consent" has been given as the alternative offered was staying at home & earning diddly squat from Oct-Apr.