PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why should you stay?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2016, 22:48
Commuter0815

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well - if it needs to be a widebody(I seriously don't care, my airplane ends behind the cockpit, ) operator then again EK is maybe not the worst choice. Consider a tax free salary plus all the other deductions that you may have to pay of your salary when back in Europe.

Or, of course, there is China. Brr. Have been flying there, always glad to be out again. Don't know what is worse, ME or China. Most likely based on personal preference, but I hate flying in China. But there is the even bigger money then the ME at the moment, depending which aircraft you are flying. Other advantage, most China Operators offer commuting contracts and I guess that is the place to be at the moment for a lot of guys(and girls) leaving the ME.
I see the plus in livestyle - huge paycheck and still a decent time at a place you want to be.

Widebody Operators in Europe - well. If you join most carriers of decent size you start as a FO (don't know about the present BA deal). And then normally it is not 5-7 years to command, it is minimum 10 years +++. Plus never forget high tax in most of the western european countries.

If it has to be Widebody it may not a wise idea to leave, except China(or FO). If it could be as well a Narrow Body, then Europe is absolutely the place to be(and pay ).

Life is full of choices. And at the very end you will know if you did the right ones for yourself.