PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why should you stay?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2016, 22:14
Commuter0815

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Emma Royds

Don't get me wrong, I understand that fully, have been there and had many collegues in QR in the same position.

I don't think we get scared but if pax sometimes would have known what is going on with "their" aircraft they probably would never enter an A/C again for the rest of their life.

However, I resigned from jobs already if I got the impression that they do not play nicely in terms of mx or duty restrictions. Got fired once because I reported myself to authorities for multiple duty times violations by the company. And that in (Western)Europe. So far about that...Well, it was no big loss company and collegue wise...

I have met a lot of desperate guys who consider the ME or Turkey(!) a nice and save environment(no offence), so I know that perspectives are often quiet different.

I am sure that as well the majority of EK pilots are still quiet happy with their job, but that's probably a majority that is not counting for me any my background and for my homecountry(again, please, no offence).

I met a lot of very(very, very, very) happy people back in my QR days, but again, some of them came from a very different background and QR was like a lottery win for them(as is EK for many, I am sure).

With my current employer I am relatively often in Dubai, that's where I got the idea it might be a clever idea to try EK. I like Dubai, but after talking a bit with my wife(yeah, she is the clever one ;-) ) about it and doing some self reflecting it is one thing to VISIT a place or being stuck there for a decade(and career wise that is a timeframe that you must consider to stick with one employer). Not to forget my Doha experience which was, let's call it nicely, interesting.