PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training towards becoming a FI?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2016, 20:26
MikeWhiskey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you don't need to complete CPL to become FI
Indeed, however when completing the theory then I would also complete the flight training...

I have never met a 300 hr PPL that could fly at a high enough standard to realistically commence the FI course.
Big Piston, thanks for your view! It is clear (or it should be) that the flying skills must be high enough to qualify for the FI. I guess this would be verified with the pre-entry test?

Even if I had never used my FI course, I still would have considered it money well spent as it moved me to a whole new level of flying knowledge and skill. It made me a better pilot in every way.
This is what a friend of mine also mentioned and what certainly raised my interest in taking the course...

@orionsbelt: This is a nice bill.... As per my calculations the cost are lower and, some bucks more or less aside, the key question is as well whether there would be some sort of return of investment (at least to get the FI-training 'refunded' somewhen...). And 10GBP (or 20EUR, or whatever the current rate is) per hour is remarkable - I have to pay my cleaning lady far more than that............................ So actually one is doing the stuff solely for love AND has spare money left with no other purpose for it... ?

Thanks a lot for your thoughts and comments - very useful and also some food for thought!