PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working on a CR1 visa
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2016, 17:58
peekay4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think there's some inaccurate info in this thread. As far as I know, there is no temporary travel restrictions after one enters with a CR1.

When the OP entered the US with a CR1, he was immediately given "green card" status. His stamped CR1 will have a notation that it serves as a "green card" (I-551) until the physical green card arrives in the mail.

The OP is now a "permanent resident", subject to conditions. He is free to come and go like any other permanent resident.

The physical green card should arrive in several weeks if it has not already.

If the OP temporarily leaves the US and then re-enters, he is no longer re-entering as a CR1 but as a lawful permanent resident.

@Daygo

You should speak to an immigration lawyer. You no longer have a "visa": you are now a US permanent resident, subject to conditions. You have the same rights and responsibilities as any other green card holder. IMHO when you talk to airlines / recruiters you should simply tell them you are a lawful permanent resident and not mention any visas. If you don't have your physical green card yet, you may want to wait until it arrives.