PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2016, 13:57
speedbird_cadet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kirungi - sorry but I dont agree with you, and I actually think you are making a very serious allegation.

Those of us who have been through the process know that it is 'blind' , that is to say if you meet the initial eligibility criteria, you are assessed against the standard - irrespective of nationality, race, colour, sex, religion or anything else. You are assessed against measurable criteria. Of course BA aren't going to publish their marking/assesment scheme - who would... but all of the assessors are marking against a criteria and the computer based aptitude testing doesn't care what part of the world you come from either.

People seem to love 'stats' on this thread for some reason, and everyone is free to make of them what they will - however, the 'stats' dont have any bearing on 'YOUR' performance on the day - only the applicant can do this and the best chance they will have will be as a result of hard work and good preparation. It is only the PERFORMANCE of the Candidate that is judged.

I cannot say whether or not a candidate from outside the EU has been accepted into the programme so far as that is not information I have, however I would be willing to bet that if a Non EU national fitted the eligibility criteria (I.e had the right to live and work in the UK) and met the standard required they would be accepted.

SBC