PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair & Positioning Pilots
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2016, 00:32
172_driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you know that to be the case? - I am told that is definitely NOT the case (floating 5/5 contractors aside, who just about would have a compliant roster, whether it was a day off or not), - But word I got was; its every night in your own bed - or is it just the contractors who are travelling out of base? What about accomodation/hotac when out of base? - If based crew are actually being REQUIRED to POSITION out of BASE on a day off, then I would agree that it is unacceptable, but Ive never heard of this for based/employed pilots.
I know that to be the case. I could fish out the evidence from my old Duty Plans. They're a year old or so, I am ex RYR, but it was happening then and it's happening now. No duty time, no minimum rest, no tickets.

I have met Ryanair employee pilots out of base, but it's rare. Company then becomes responsible for accommodation + transportation. I would assume your mate is on a Ryanair contract and thus his experience is 'every night in your own bed'. Contractors are sent all over the place. To clarify, those are contractors with assigned bases being rostered out of another base.

PS. Tried to send you a PM midnight cruiser, if interested could you change the settings to allow you to receive PMs.

Last edited by 172_driver; 11th Jan 2016 at 00:55.