PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair & Positioning Pilots
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2016, 18:32
T250

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PENKO,

I don't pretend to know all the rules and regulations.
So are you trying to insinuate that I do not know all the rules and regulations? I never claimed to know them 'all'

However, there is one rule that I, as well as all airside pass holders at UK airports know (as it is one of many statements signed on a security interview) which is that it is a very strict DfT requirement that to hold an airside pass that you do NOT use it unless on duty. It appears these commuters are however doing this, and therefore in the absence of any local agreement between Ryanair and the airport operating companies that this is at least in breach of regulations and at worst, what you so hastily liked to defend, could be 'illegal' although what law it breaches is unknown to me. It is more the fact you are breaching DfT requirements so your pass can be suspended, withdrawn and therefore your employment terminated.

Duscussion is fine but if you are going to accuse others of illegal commuting then please back up your claim.
First, I never used and never have used, the word 'illegal' so I do not have to back up any claims of what is and isn't legal or illegal.

I am participating in the discussion here, and my original post was a mere statement of the facts as they stand and how it appears they are being breached.

And lastly I couldn't actually give a monkeys if Ryanair is the only airline doing this or all airlines do this, why should I, I'm not employed by one!