PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 10th Jan 2016, 07:12
VeroFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Commuter0815

I myself am one of the ones leaving FZ for a well known flag carrier.
I've been in Dubai 2.5 years as an FO, single, early 30's and have to say I am not leaving because I dislike it here at all. It's simply because an opportunity has arisen that for me and my goals in life I cannot turn down. I think this is the same for many of my fellow friends that are also on the way out to similar places.
FZ has never really been a long term option, nothing about it is. The rosters are steadily getting worse, even for senior FO's, and there has been no attempt at trying to keep people here with regards to other perks that come as standard at most major airlines.
That said the money here is good and the flying is certainly interesting, although I don't agree we should be flying to some of the destinations we do!
Dubai is a fun place to live and I will genuinely miss the lifestyle here. Sailing, Diving, Beach clubs etc..
I think FZ is an airline where you come in, do your work, pick up your pay check every month and try not to complain. Complaining here gets you know where, nothing will change. The crew I've worked with are fantastic and for me this philosophy has allowed me to have a happy time here in Dubai and i'll look back on it with fond memories.

Good luck to all those who apply.
Remember this is just my opinion, hopefully this will help others applying to have a more balanced viewpoint.