PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAC FRI
Thread: AAC FRI
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2016, 00:14
Rotate too late

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"many don't"
Can't quite agree with you on that one MSOCS. But, I can only go on my experience from a fairly small cadre, and I'll happily bow to your view if you have sight of the bigger picture.
If a pilot is at the end of their service then he will pick up a pension that would for arguments sake cancel that £10k out before they even get to an interview. I would also add that the lump sum is there as well but we'll ignore that.
Every single one of the guys and gals that have left with me have got employment as a pilot within 8 months of leaving, the majority less than a couple of months.
From my own time as a civvy and speaking to those now employed the jump is at the very least 10 grand BUT it is the change in pace, lifestyle, work life balance that is the main driver. The money is NEVER mentioned.
Those that take the FRI were going to stay anyway. As for the out flow, I would describe the AH force as haemorrhaging, but that's just me.....£19k better off and I see the change in my family on a daily basis....wonderful.