PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finger gone wrong.
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2016, 22:56
Hydromet

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts
I also have 'trigger finger' on the middle finger of my left hand. after discussion with my GP, as it's causing no pain and doesn't affect my dexterity (should that be sinisterity?) we decided that neither injections nor operation were appropriate.

As for the eye op, I had a small skin cancer removed from the edge of the iris, which is nowhere as nasty as it sounds. First I had a light general anaesthetic while they gave me a local behind the eye. From memory, I also had a light sedative. While you can see things happening and are aware of them talking, you are not stressed, and there was no discomfort. Mrs Hydro had surgery for a torn retina, similar anaesthetic process, but the vitreous humour was (partly?)replaced with a gas. Following the surgery, she had to remain face down for 3 days, during which she could see the gas bubble getting smaller.
She hired a face rest from a place suggested by the eye surgeon, which meant that she could read while face down. When the doc says stay face down for 3 days, he means it. Apparently many people get a bit slack and have complications. Mrs. H had none.

Good luck with it all.