PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Agusta A109
Thread: Agusta A109
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2003, 23:06
Lu Zuckerman

Iconoclast

Location: The home of Dudley Dooright-Where the lead dog is the only one that gets a change of scenery.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Yeah but....

To: Elite

I'm quite sure that lots of people could air their grievences in respect of the other major manufacturers too, however you may notice that most people choose not to which is either a reflection on you or them. Perhaps the phrase "time and place" is appropriate here.
You have totally missed the point of my post. In addressing the internal problems that were so pervasive within Agusta engineering and product support (while I was there) I was trying to point out some of the possible underlying reasons for the unreliability of the A-109. There was no communication and without communication there can be no product integrity.

I did not indicate that the A-109 is unreliable it was other members of this thread that pointed that out. Other members of the forum indicated that they did not feel that the A-109 was unreliable but that frequent maintenance was required to maintain the reliability.

However frequent maintenance is a form of unreliability because the helicopter was unable to go from one periodic maintenance to the next without some type of tweaking and/or servicing.

If you feel that I have been unfair in my assumptions about Agusta you should read some of my posts on the A-310 and Bell Helicopter.