PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 4
Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2016, 07:50
2Planks

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
GLA - I do understand your point and perhaps I was being a bit blunt last night (a glass of red had been consumed!). PR is an odd thing though. Without a doubt Jet2 do fly a good number of 'stag/hen expresses' (like all the locos) but they also fly a large number of passengers enjoying their retirement shall we say. This is typified by Alicante (my local airport when I lived abroad for 4 years). Some flights could be hell and on others I was the youngest on the flight (mid 40s) with the odd exception of a flight attendant or the FO! So are people put off or reassured by a zero/low tolerance to disruptive behaviour and the extra column inches that you get from it? An answer you can probably only get from decent market research.

On the other hand I know the guys I share a pint of 'mouton noir' with from Jet2 appreciate that they have got the full backing of management to stamp this out so if they divert then they are not going to be hauled over the coals.

Clearly this last sentence is going to cause indignation from the anti-LS brigade so I may take cover for a bit