PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best Plane for New Pilot
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2016, 17:33
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about a Diamond DA20? Does anyone have experience with this aircraft? I have read it would meet most of my wants except the IFR capability, but it can be difficult to steer on the ground due to the front caster wheel.

One last thing, what do people think of the timeline? Am I out of my mind for thinking I can build my time and buy an airplane by the end of summer?
You will get a Tiger for the lower end of your budget while I agree on the PA28 I do find them lacking in character that the Tiger has and with the same engine the Tiger is nearly 20KTS faster
With any aircraft you intend to cover distance in you also have to consider headwinds with 25KTS on the nose you are still looking at over 100KTS ground speed with the Tiger while the Piper will be down in 80KTS
The Diamonds are great aircraft although more expensive

on those hot days in California you can slide the canopy back nine inches in the Tiger to get more air or infact do the same in the air

A good friend bought a share in a Rockwell Commander before even starting his flying lessons so as long as you are committed to aviation and know thats what you want it doesn't matter when if you have the cash that you buy one

Pace