PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2016, 17:27
EnigmAviation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The end justifies the means

Yes I think the conspiracy theory is quite attractive really, in today's risk averse politically correct atmosphere. Unfortunately though , ( and disappointingly for those who regarded VR(T) and CGI instructors as slightly sub standard not quite up to silver wing master race standard ) the last three Cadets to perish in an RAF aircraft accident were being conveyed therein by fully qualified RAF pilots.

I think that notwithstanding the dreadful and catastrophic "pause" and the absolutely disgraceful lack of communication and regard for ALL the long serving, extremely competent army of volunteer staff, there is not one shred of evidence to connect them with ANY failure, technical, flying or Admin that has caused any part of the current shambles.

I absolutely deprecate the appalling treatment of such a loyal workforce, - and cannot help comparing and contrasting them, in the wake of the New Years Honours list where so many were "honoured" merely for doing the job that they were very highly paid to do, and some were elevated for little more than writing a cheque in favour of a political party. How many generously donated man hours were given collectively per annum in the service of VGS ?

Yes, ok we did enjoy it and the fruits of our labours remember those who set them on their road to success and some to fame in aviation careers. Just a shame that some of the hierarchy seem to have completely forgotten their hugely understated, un-remunerated workforce.

Maybe the RAF will soon have an entry in the Guinness Book of records for the longest pause in British history ! ( Dictionary : Pause noun, interval of inaction or silence esp due to hesitation ; temporary stop ). It certainly is text book as it has inaction, interval and silence !.