PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working on a CR1 visa
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2016, 13:43
bafanguy

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Daygo,

Is there any way to document to an employer just what percentage of CR1 holders did, or did not, make the jump to permanent status at the end of two years ? Just as a way to build your case to a prospective employer that you will very likely make that transition without a snag and are therefore a very low/no risk hire ?

Did these carriers you talked with indicate that the CR1 was an issue perhaps because the federal government or FAA policy was somehow creating the obstacle ?

These regionals are bleeding pilots to higher tier carriers so they must know that you...along with virtually every other pilot on their list...will be fleeing the scene ASAP anyway...and taking that training cost you mention with them ( I don't think I'd try to make my case to a prospective employer using that logic, however).

If the CR1 obstacle is a decision resting solely with the carrier HR people, is it possible that you just need to apply to every stinkin' regional there is and take what you can get until the 2 years pass ?

You have a perplexing problem. Good luck with it.

Have you tried Expressjet yet ? Is your current experience in the range of a higher level US carrier requirements or are you looking at regionals to get large airplane experience ?