PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blood tests before your medical
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2016, 13:04
north flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did my physical on the 26th of December with Dr R.L., really nice lady, anyhow after the standard stuff with the nurse, met with the doc and she asked me if I had done my blood test yet, I said "no, did not know I needed one", she said "we need you to do them now, have you been fasting?"
Since it was 2pm, I had eaten, long story short, had to come back a few days later to do the blood test, wait a few days for the results and then come back again to get the medical cert.

Two things, the first is that when I scheduled the medical a week before the 26 th, the clinic sent an email saying that I had to do a blood test before the medical and a set of rules on how to fast, I did not read it, like most from the company, my fault, it is what it is.

Second thing, the blood test was the standard stuff, I am not new to reading blood test results, been in this game for awhile, nothing I could see was looking for alcohol abuse.

With all that said, you will need to go to the clinic at least two times now and make sure you do not wait till the last minute, like I did.