PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working on a CR1 visa
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2016, 12:50
Daygo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Working on a CR1 visa

Hey guys and girls, I am a Brit and have just moved to the US with my wife, a US citizen. I was issued with a CR1 visa because we had been married less than 2 years. In 2 years time the C (conditional) residency will be removed and I will have permanent residency status. I am a UK EASA ATPL holder and am fully aware of the conversion process. However I have been for a couple of interviews with regionals and they have told me that although they are offering me a conditional offer of employment I will not be able start with them until I have had the "Conditional" part from my visa removed. I just wanted to know if anyone out there knows who would hire me and if anyone (which I am sure they have) before me has had the same problem and what they did to circumnavigate the problem? On most applications it says must have the legal right to live and work in the US, which I do. It's only when they realise my conditional status it becomes a problem! Bottom line is I need to start working ASAP. I also understand that if the airline pump lots of money in to my training and I have to leave because my visa runs out then I will have wasted there money. Its slightly illogical though because I could leave the US at anytime with my UK passport!! Thanks. (Apologies if this has been covered before.)