PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2016, 15:01
The Old Fat One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
POBJOY and 1.3 Stall,

Pretty much agree with you both. POBJOY actually makes my point for me

however a tech culture has been replaced by a system that promotes increasing record keeping and yet moves further away from the ability to actually maintain aircraft to their own requirements.
That's a structural issue in my book, a people issue in yours. We are debating what the academics call "metaphysical" issues. In short, I agree with you as regards outcomes, I disagree somewhat over causal factors. We both seem agree there are a lot of good people doing the job as well as the inevitable oxygen thiefs to be found in all walks of life. No matter how good you are and what office you hold, you cannot always make the difference you would like.

(note:I have absolutely no regard - or respect - for posters who suggest you should therefore walk out on your job - clearly they do not have children to feed or mortgages to pay)

It's unfair to blame the whole country. It's only in the public sector where people get to f*ck up in spades with absolutely no accountability.
We agree 100%. In fact I almost posted this. Unfortunately, or not, the public sector is very much part of our society and it is not going anywhere.