PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another CASA gab fest
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2016, 20:25
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
Arm Out The Window, I accuse you of being a CASA troll because you continualy fail to admit there is any fault whatsoever with CASA, specifically, you completely refuse to acknowledge, let alone address the failings of CASA detailed in the Forsyth Report.

Let me address this latest Pollyana-ish post in more detail.

CASA had a small safety seminar at our local aero club a while back, and the most notable presence, in a bad way, was a bloke whose clear mission was to heckle. He muttered, scoffed like a schoolkid and jumped in with off-topic points intended to put the speaker off. After a while someone turned to him and simply told him how rude he was being, which shut him up thankfully.

My point is, these things are only as useful as the intentions of those who turn up, so if you're already pre judging it as pointless, don't bother. A simple explanation of exactly how a CASA rule is degrading your operation or business, which they can then work to address (let's hope), beats 10 rants any day.

I will avoid the begging question of what CASA possibly knows about the safe operation of non military aircraft that the audience does not already know.

1. A "rude" Heckler? Perhaps the heckler had a grievance against CASA?

2. Intentions of attendees? That cuts both ways. Perhaps you failed to understand the chief finding of the Forsyth review - that CASA has lost the trust of the industry. Under such circumstances and absent any mea culpa from CASA, participants can be excused for assuming that CASA is insincere about wanting feedback except as it benefits their personal interests?

3. "A simple explanation of exactly how a CASA rule is degrading your operation " ?????? Are you kidding???? The cemeteries are full of aviation businesses that did just that - complained about CASA!!!! …And then were driven out of business by the resulting victimisation and harassment by CASA.

Let me make it quite clear. CASA is a failed organisation. CASA cannot be trusted AT ALL - except to pursue its members personal agendas! With such a reputation "consultation" is a meaningless exercise and nothing will improve.

To paraphrase the old Soviet joke "CASA pretend they are listening to our concerns and we pretend to believe they will do something about them".

…And I'm speaking as someone who organised plenty of "industry consultation" in a former existence in Government. We knew what we wanted to get - and we got exactly what we required - a mandate from industry to do what we wanted to do anyway. Sham consultation in simple and I'm sure CASA are masters of it.

What is really needed is a boycott.