PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mismanagement of automation
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2016, 10:44
Geoffersincornwall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B73, 212

I agree but what happened happens. Only last week I sat in witness of it during a recurrent training session. The crew also operated a EC type and fell into their old habit.

You must be aware of those three certainties in aviation - the three laws...

1. Sod's Law - If it can happen then it will happen
2. Murphy's Law - If it's possible for someone to put something together the wrong way then they will.
3. The Jammy Toast Law - If you drop a piece of jammy toast then it will land jammy side down. (which, translated means if you trust to luck then don't be surprised if you are disappointed.)

I beg you to drag yourself away from your Eurocentric understanding of our world. My 394 students come from 52 different countries and whilst you may have a standard of competency equivalent to 'acceptable' most out there do not and only escape the need for more training courtesy of a world that uses a 'tick-box system in a'compliance' dominated world.

I would like to keep my boss happy by keeping pictures of wrecked AW139's off the front pages of the newspapers and to do that we need to keep those that are new to complex helicopters clear of areas that 'bite'.

What say you of the notion that springs can save you in an 'upset' scenario?

Non PC PLOD - Thank you - I forgot to mention that aspect which of course would be flying the aircraft contrary to the way it was designed to be flown.

G.