PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2016, 17:41
GrahamK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LAX_LHR
I think we will have to agree to disagree about STN being superior airside, as, I am sticking firmly to my experiences which were far from enjoyable. Even the current T2 knocks the 'new' STN experience out of the park. It may have been designed as a superior facility, and, up until a few years ago, I Would have agreed that STN was the better port, however, that story has, for me and many others on review sites, changed quite considerably in the last 12 months.

Andrew Harrison may be 'bogging up' the 'new' STN in local media, but, that's his job. He's hardly going to say anything negative.

In terms of new flights, some are yet to be confirmed publicly (there are only 5 in that list you mention that are 'unconfirmed'), however, there are confirmations as such in the form of either direct quotes from the airlines/official spokespersons (Pegasus and TAP), media campaigns (air blue), tickets for sale via 3rd parties (Shaheen) or known by many just not confirmed in public yet (air China).

There are also some new routes not mentioned in my list, but, they will come in time....
MAN T2 is ok at the moment. T1 and T3 are hellholes