PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - snap rolls and other flick manoeuvres
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2016, 11:03
Dora-9

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts
Amendments/corrections to, and apologies for, my earlier postings:

1. DHSL have been supplying a Chipmunk T.10 AFM to Australian owners since late 2002.

2. The T.10 AFM does in fact permit spinning in T.10's that are not fitted with strakes.

3. You'll love this one Leadie - the AFM actually calls them "anti spinning strakes", which I should have appreciated by simply opening my AFM! In fact, everywhere I look (I've just been re-reading the UK CAA's CAP562 "Chipmunk Spinning and Aerobatics") calls them that, so I'll have to pull my head in on this one!

Roundsounds:

Amen to that.

Propjet:

Great post! I possibly should have clarified that my ongoing amusement from the placard stems from those last two lines. Another Chipmunk issue is that the forward elevator stick forces firm up in the spin, so that more "grunt" than normal may be required to ensure the stick is actually fully forward. One aero club painted witness marks on the stick/pedestal, and you had to look down to ensure that you had it fully forward. Having to peer down inside as the world tumbled past didn't make spinning any more comfortable!

Cheers.

Last edited by Dora-9; 5th Jan 2016 at 18:17.