PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - why not more Europa around
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2016, 20:44
x933

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a share in one for two years, did about 50hrs in it. Loved flying it but quirky is the best way of putting it - the monowheel can be a handful in A) crosswinds over 10kts (I think the limit was a bit higher) B) Tarmac Runways. Nothing beyond a decent pilot that's been well trained, and a lot of bang for the buck - I planned on 15lt Mogas at 115kts with a VP prop.

Ours had two new props whilst I was in the syndicate, first from a wheels up landing the second from (I think) a ground loop, about 2hrs after the new prop was fitted.

The Tri Gear model is identical to the XL2 which is an IFR certified two seater (though only in the USA I think).

Only two things that I didn't like were our fuel "sight" gage i'm convinced was never properly caliberated, and the fact that neither the seats nor pedals were adjustable. If you were over about 6ft 4 it wasn't comfortable (apparently, i'm 6ft and was OK up to about 2hrs, anything beyond that got a bit uncomfortable).

Ours would take about 65L of fuel at Max take off weight, which gave still air range of 450nm with a bit of reserve.