PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2016, 17:14
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you are on a very sticky wicket with statements like that. Who knows why any of these nine lost their jobs
One of them (not GG) told me exactly why they had lost their jobs. He was understandably livid. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, Suzeman. Good people were dismissed without just cause that day ... from across the operation. And not all the replacements were a resounding success either.

I have followed MAN's development over many years now. This episode qualifies as one of the most shameful events in the entire history of the airport.

the all freighter environment is now very challenging.
Agreed, but we can cite other airports which have not endured the scale of collapse seen at MAN. Economic realities apply to them too. And when a new B747-8F operator (initially B747-400F) publicly expresses a desire to operate from MAN, one must deduce that they have identified a market opportunity here. Let's hope they receive all due encouragement and support rather than a solicitation to become a "me too" cargo operator at STN? I wonder where they will end up?

I don't ask MAG to perform miracles re flown-cargo from MAN, but I do ask them to make an effort.