PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HK AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL BLOG
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2016, 00:31
psychohk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I apologise for being absent. Lots of extra duties with IFATCA.

1. I'm still an active controller.

2. HKATCA has about 100 members, up from 30 something. Please be positive. I'm no longer president, as it is only for a two year term.

Fix your eyes forward on what you can do, not back on what you cannot change.

3. Applying for ATC you have two routes. To qualify in the Tower only initially via the Airport Authority: HKIA Staff Services Limited

Or CAD direct. ATC has 3 streams of controlling. Tower, Terminal (within 100nm roughly) and Enroute control.

Training is streamed. So after selection you would be streamed currently into CAD for one of the two radar streams. Terminal or Enroute. Tower is currently almost exclusively being fed via AA entries.

For CAD it would appear they are not recruiting at present. You'll need to view their web site for vacancies and make and application via that medium.

https://csboa1.csb.gov.hk/csboa/jve/JVE_001.action

4. Red stop bars. 100% we should all follow NEVER CROSS REDS

the stop bar lights are on timers. The timers are different for both runways. Normally we judge ahead of time when to de-select the stop bar. If you are slow in lining up, they may re-set to on. Simply advise that you have reds. Sometimes they are in the hands of the techs. In that case we'll give you a definite "I'm unable to de-select the stop bars, disregard the reds and taxi...."