PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUBLIN - 2
Thread: DUBLIN - 2
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2016, 14:14
SecondDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AerRyan
Its not as simple as "You pay us less and we don't have to do what we are asked". Its simple, in this country at least, a company must fulfil its contractual obligations. Put wherever spin on that you like, but at the end of the day that's the law and that's what eventually wins out.
I guess it is interesting how some people read the words that are written down and change them into something else in their mind. Yes it is not as simple as not having to do anything. But if you maybe have another read of my posts you will see that I am looking at it from a purely logical standpoint in terms of how the airline would deal with complaints like the 10 min wait for steps above. (And please remember you have only heard the headline when you read that report, there may be multiple underlying factors as to why that happened and upon hearing them you might think..... oh well I see how that happened now and can see there was nothing else that could be done...)

And also, my take on the airline response to such a situation is that it is going to be based on costs, where the cost of any delay or goodwill gesture for inconvenience is less than the cost of employing more staff per flight etc.

To start talking about contractual obligations on here is nonsense because each delay like the one described will have been reported by the handler themselves and they will have to explain themselves probably daily as to what happened in such cases. That is where the other factors come in and where the airline will penalise the handler for failings accordingly.

If people just want a moan about how they were inconvenienced that is grand but I don't have to live in their idealised world and I feel free to let them know that there is a bigger picture. This is a discussion forum after all......