PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2016, 10:43
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Danny:-
Gila Monsters...they can keep them as they appear to be an unprepossessing animal which I would not like as a pet.
Now now, Danny. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I've no doubt someone somewhere has adopted one. Think of Marge (née Bouvier) Simpson's older sister's beloved Jub-Jub. Truly a friend and comfort in an uncaring world.

As you say, the ex-CBI Roundup is a gold mine for information of an often overlooked WWII theatre. If Burma was forgotten, then what about China? The article "Returns from Land of Missing" by Harry Zinder, about the forced landing of his B-29 in (just) Free China following a raid on Japan, is witness to the extreme range of these missions, when engine failure en-route often meant no RTB. The Japanese Air Force obliged in destroying the abandoned aircraft, saving the crew from doing so, who were speedily bussed to catch a B-25 home.

The Husky strikes me as having more in common with an Auster than a Piper Cub, the panel of which could never be described as "cluttered"!

Warmtoast, how warming (see what I did there?) to see those wonderful pics of your grandson, reminding us all of how we started out as wannabe pilots. Good luck to him if he too has got the bug!

Last edited by Chugalug2; 3rd Jan 2016 at 21:40. Reason: For Chub-Chub read Jub-Jub (auth Wiki)