PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fire Bombers
Thread: Fire Bombers
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2016, 10:13
Section28- BE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Giday U/B

So "the Phil" got it 'Right' the first time in the early 2000's....????, Skycranes and all comers at CBR, etc..... for review.

Leaving aside fuel reduction and the 'holistic' approach- to burn, down The Bottom End............ and what you blokes deal with/are doing.

Please do note: We do 'it' in bigger country and are lucky to get any assets (we provide those- at own expense) on-site inside 30-45mins or maybe beyond the hour.............. pending, but as stated- we are doing it in bigger/flatter (pick your mark) country- and I acknowledge that, with the option to wait, then attack, as it were............

Had occasion (in a preceding life) as a favour- to Customs/Immigration Clear for Bombardier, a CL-415 for that process in CBR..............., back then.

Personally- I was more than impressed with the Design/Structure and 'Method for Purpose' (as explained by the Proponents, given...) of that machine. (Foam Injection/Management, included)

Unlike Herc's they won't 'Clap Hands' overhead, when it gets hot and sweaty and in common with the Aircrane- we are talking ex Vietnam War machinery or beyond, (and put the Crop Dusters in there as well..., no onus on the concept, at all..- vale Col), doing something that was never part of the original Design Brief................

Would be interested to hear your perspective/views, vis: that part of the world- and 6/or so, of 'em (CL-415's) in a line/cycle.............., without trying to be a quarsie "Sales Consultant"- and I am certainly not that!!!

Tks, and Rgds
S28- BE

Last edited by Section28- BE; 3rd Jan 2016 at 10:51. Reason: B for P