PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANA order A380
Thread: ANA order A380
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2016, 09:00
alainthailande

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't usually post much here, being only SLF with a bit more knowledge about civil aviation things than average, but...
it allows them to provide a low-cost one-stop option for VFR travelers to a wide swath of the developing world to those who are very price sensitive.
(...)
Most of EK's passengers fly in the back of the bus and bought their tickets based upon price, not the promise of service or comfort.
I'm definitely within this target, and the A380 precisely is what made me switch my own tiny business as a frequent traveller between Europe and S-E Asia from Etihad to Emirates. They offer roughly the same fares, plus or minus variations based on season and promotions, but the service on the A380 is so much better than on the A330/B777 Etihad uses on these routes. Roomier, so much quieter. And yes, they do seem to manage to fill them up so I presume that these flights make money.

Not that's relevant in any way, but I've got a complimentary upgrade to business class for my first flight after enrolling into their frequent flyer programme so I even had a chance to experience the fabulous business class seats on their A380s... definitely something a class higher than what I had a taste of on Etihad's B777

I do feel safer aboard quads too, despite a point based on statistics that someone made in another thread. The fact that QF32 made it to the ground in one piece after so much damage is a testimony to the resilience of this aircraft too IMHO.