PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas 787 recruitment for cadetship
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2016, 05:27
ExtraShot

Received 33 Likes on 7 Posts
Direct entry into the RHS at least for ADL & PER bases would have to be in the realm of possibility
Hmmm. At last look I thought the 737 flying was sitting at about 65-70 hours per roster? I could be wrong but I thought that was pretty much right for establishment. That is of course until a few promotions from short haul to long haul happen.

As far as S/O's not wanting the upgrade, I can assure you all there are certainly a number of Long Haul S/O's (particularly in the bottom 50-100) who would like the career insurance of a window seat, and who have never been senior enough to have a bite of the cherry, yes, even in ADL or PER (lest they had gone to JQ, where there are now a number of LWOP guys who'd like to come back to QF asap as well).

It is indeed true that most S/O's on the A330 would no longer see too much of a pay cut at all going to the 73 provided the hours stay around 70 odd per month, give or take. Here's hoping after ZERO new training slots last year, that April brings good news for everyone who needs/wants it.

There appears to be an abundance of JQ 787 pilots at the moment with more being trained as we speak.......I wonder?
Unlikely.

Supposedly JQ have stuffed their numbers as well, to the extent that the rostering of East Coast A320 Flying is becoming a bit of a headache. After no real recruiting for the past couple of years (and at the same time having a number of guys pulling the pin on LWOP, gone to EK, or greener pastures in China), the East Coast narrow body fleet have been on max hours flown for a number of months now. They are scrambling to get 50 or so remaining Cadets on line and to start the recruitment machine again.

Apparently until they are on line, JQ are so short there are 20 odd A320 Commands being withheld because they can't spare any F/Os off the A320 fleet that would fill the Commands and/or residuals onto the 787!