PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Civil persecution of Servicemen & women
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2016, 21:34
Thelma Viaduct

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by smujsmith
I reckon that the time I served gives me a right to a post on here. The fault doesn't lie with our military, this is a total, political stitch up. Particularly Iraq 2003, where the elephant in the room is the bloke who lied his way in there, and those that supported him (crikey, the current occupant of No10) ! I'm damn sure that British troops did no worse that US troops, but you won't see many Americans investigated like this. It seems that the current government is quite happy to see people who put their necks on the line, as ordered by them, being slaughtered on the altar of political correctness. Whee are the defence chiefs on all this ? Heads down, counting the mounting pension pots I suspect. Military covenant, grossly insulting praise for good men, whilst offering platitudes to those who support the terrorists. As others have already stated, I would think twice about joining if I was "of that age" nowadays.

On a different tack. Happy New year to fellow PPRUNERs. Keep those "Lums" reeking !!!

Smudge
As above ∆ + the 'great british public' aren't worth serving, they don't give a toss.

Baffles me how Prince Harry spends so much quality time with wounded soldiers that his own Grandma sent to fight an illegal war, pretty messed up when you think about it. No wonder his cheeks are so rosy, I'd be embarrassed too if i were him.

Happy New Year!!!