PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Part 61 conundrum for Australian ATPL applicants
Old 2nd Jan 2016, 07:29
JTMAX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The other International regulators will either continue or not continue to recognize the Aussie ATPL that is not what we are actually talking about here, we are taking about the changes that part 61 has made that unfairly disadvantage Australian pilots that are trying to progress in Australia and obtain a ATPL. Pilots who move overseas for work do so at their own risk knowing what is needed to convert a ticket at that time. I myself have converted may a ticket and just sucked it up and got on with those overseas requirements , but that is absolutely totally a different situation here. We are only talking about Aussie guys and girls trying to advance their qualifications here in Australia for use in Australia, if CASA has implemented regs for people who would like to leave this great country and work overseas is not the subject line here it's the ATPL flight test change that was introduced with part 61 , I believe that its morally wrong to change the requirements in such a big way. --JT