PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Southern wannabes
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2016, 00:42
USMCProbe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CS went from almost zero foreign pilots to a huge group in 4 years. They just started recruiting in about 2011-ish. There are only a very few posters here that say it is bad. That means the vast majority are happy, and not getting on PPRUNE and complaining.

Sounds like a good gig to me.

I lived in CAN for my first year in China. It is one of only a couple of cities in China that wasn't completely "scraped" and built completely anew. It is an interesting place, and culturally easy to fit in as an expat. There are 10's of thousands of expats, or maybe even an order of magnitude more. From CAN and HKG, you can fly almost anywhere in the world, non-stop.

The narrow body jobs in China pay better, and as an American, you won't have tax issues like you will flying overwater. Depending on where you are based, the narrow body jobs can be a dream, or a disaster. Some cities sit under the air corridors of PVG and CAN/HKG, and every departure can be a 2 -3 hour delay.

I will be going back as soon as I can, hopefully shortly. Probably Sanya or Xiamen. I would love to go to Shenzhen or CAN, but reference the delays above.