PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which country for training?
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2003, 07:33
bones1972

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Jellycopter,

Whilst I love everthing about Brum and the beautiful West Midlands - and please beleive me thoses (Northern) Satanic mills in Ancient Times willl always and forever be my home - it took me four (false) journeys to Northampton before I was finally able to get my trial flight! That was four weekends of missed chances. It just seems to me that if you are going to spend about £40,000 to £50,000 then the least you should expect is the weather to blow your money!! And you're dead right - there are plently of fat girls in Walsall!!!! ( Sorry yam yams)

But apart from that - What hope of a job in the UK? It seems to me - and I would love to be corrected - that's its a very expensive gamble. Whilst I understand that doing the same courses in the States is also a massive gamble, at least there are far more helicopter companies/ schools/ charters/ operations - thus more vacancies....Surely the greater amount of schools the better the chances of work?

Obviously I may be completely misguided - but then again my dreams of late have always included a strange Whirly thumping sound! Please keep your thoughts coming guys - still waitng for some Ocean Helicopter ex-students to step forward!!!!!

Thanks again for any input.

Best of regards to all of you,
Bones