PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Lands on Taxiway in SEA..
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2015, 18:52
Boeing Country

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"It would be a fantastic help if EVERYONE not involved would just shut the f---- up. Why it that everyone have to comment on stuff they know nothing about?"
This forum wouldn't be called Rumors & News.
"They were cleared for approach to 16R, offered sidestep to 16C (closer to terminal), accepted it, landed on taxiway T which is halfway between 16R and 16C."
This is just a guess, unless you can attach the ATC recording to prove this is what actually happened.

I fly out of KSEA several times a week. Everyone knows this is a taxiway; including all Alaska pilots who are based in KSEA. Yes, runway 16C was closed all summer for construction. It now has beautiful LED lights and I know, because I used that runway last week. That taxiway does not have any runway lights, runway markings, or even an approach lighting system. It has large illuminated X's on both ends and the atis has been broadcasting for over 10 years not to land on it; since American Airlines was the first to do so when 16R was brand new.

I simply don't buy the explanation from the local article, the pilots were confused and were cleared to land 16c and then purposely landed on an active taxiway with aircraft on it. If I was offered a clearance to side step to 16c, I would not land on a taxiway, because I was not issued a clearance to do so. If there was any confusion, then I would have gone around and asked for clarification. Gas is cheap, the weather is good, I get paid by the hour, so Go Around!