PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Year's Honours - 2016
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2015, 13:58
NutLoose

Received 2,881 Likes on 1,231 Posts
You do wonder when reading the requirements and nomination system for the the OBE etc if those senior officers in receipt of the likes of the OBE, KCB etc simply have a luncheon date and sit around the table and say "I say Charles, if I nominate you for a KCB then you can in return nominate me for an OBE, then next year we will swop around"

And as for knighthoods and lordships etc, awarding them to the likes of Prescott for doing his job which he was handsomely paid for and still is, I would much prefer to see them going to the likes of the Houses of Parliaments toilet cleaner who has probably worked there for 30 odd years etc, after all the place is so full of sh*t she has her work cut out.. They are the people that truly deserve it, working for a pittance day in day out, year on year.

The whole system seems as corrupt and meaningless in today's society where those rewarded are often simply politically motivated.

It's like the bloody Oscars, an award system where the Luvies award themselves an award thus patting themselves on their own backs.

Last edited by NutLoose; 31st Dec 2015 at 14:10.