PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Undue Deference to Senior Officers
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2015, 13:33
FAStoat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back in the dim and distant,one of my best mates was Sqn QFI on a Hunter outfit in Bahrain.The Boss had been replaced by a very Ex Hunter Pilot,who had little previous Hunter time,and his promotion from a Staff Course.Upon arrival at the Sqn,he had to undergo his refamil with my Mate.This included of course, an oral on Emergencies.Apparently he could just about keep up in the Flying,but lacked any real knowledge of the Aircraft limitations let alone systems!Net result he was failed and asked to read the books again, before he produced himself for another go!!!Meantime he approached the Staish,who got him signed off by another of higher rank.This caused certain friction,so when a 4 ship was scheduled to fly to Eastleigh,the Flight Commander (My Mate Ray)leading,was informed by the new "Boss" that he would like to be in the Team!?Ray then gave the lead to an hotshot one ringer, one Duckie D,which was not appreciated elsewhere.I believe it was a first to have a young Flying Officer lead such a trip,and you know who ended up as No4 and burst a tyre on landing,as I recall!!Several more acrimonious situations occurred,but said New Boss never got further than Air Commode!!!Then,,I have a feeling he became an Airline Safety Officer!!'Nuff said!!