PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fastest Comands
Thread: Fastest Comands
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2015, 09:22
de facto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slowjet,

I am not chocking….but thanks for wishes….just that based on PIN HEAD name an dilates tech post questions, i would rather he waits another 10000 hours, because at 10000 hours of TT if he doesn't grip the basics of the aircraft he s flying,its worrying.
Pprune is a good tool to learn however some questions are more basics than others….

Examples of recent posts….i would think those would come from a new on type without any basic knowledge of his aircraft or of a non aviator/aircraft enthusiast.,,so pardon me my serious tongue in cheek when one says he has 10 000 hours (should be able to read manuals with ease and see what the f is going on with the systems while he's "flying", and h says he s about to upgrade...

NG TOGA termination
If I am right, selecting CMD after departure at 401' will give you MCP SPD and also also will give you Climb thrust. To have possibly reduced thrust ok at such a low height? Climb gradients etc.

Apologies now if I am mixed up?
Napd1 and napd2
Are these the two only recognised departures or is their a default third?

I thought the norm was always to fly an Napd2 unless you are at a noise sensitive airport and hence fly the other.

Kind regards

Pin
NG FMC cruise winds
Hi

Can I ask please does anyone know what is the FMC logic for the Perf INiT wind and the RTE DATA winds on the wind forecast page.

Does the box use one for fuel and time estimate or vice versa. Do people regularly update the PERF INIT wind by every hour say by putting the current wind in. Why do this when you have the OFP wind in which is the basis for the fuel checks.

In my CDU preflight procedure I always put the forecast winds in on the RTE data but saw a colleague every 30 mins update the actual wind in the FMC!

Discuss
Defacto, true to form, not displaying much quality.
True,haven't bothered answering tech questions of such nature lately nor wishes of fast command to a PIN HEAD.

Last edited by de facto; 31st Dec 2015 at 09:39.