PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIN ATC
Thread: SIN ATC
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2015, 02:06
Hogger60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 a/c declared fuel emergency. One was a Scoot. Air Asia asked how long the delay might be..no answer..same controller was now getting flustered and replying with non standard RT.." wait a minute..I will see what can be done..I can't tell you.."
I was flying the arrival at that time too. A rather large thunderstorm (of course not forecast, thanks to the ever accurate SIN TAFs) had passed through, backing up the arrivals. And while the controller was a just a tad overworked (sarcasm intended) and did get a bit flustered, I think she did a pretty descent job under the situation (had this been KL, there would have been a ton of diversions). I wholeheartedly agree that they should have held departures off of 02C until they got rid of the logjam of arriving traffic (I believe that this created the whole messy situation on 02L). Whomever is in charge at Changi should really review that decision.

And just a point of semantics, I heard three "minimum fuel" calls during this time period, no emergencies. My carrier defines min fuel call as a situation where if you will land with less than you FMC reserve fuel (alt fuel + final reserve fuel). If there had been an true fuel emergency declared, it would have truly created a "Charlie Foxtrot" situation.