PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger at Pimpama
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2015, 00:19
Ixixly

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
How about we all agree that both arguments are two ends of the same thing? Just because I put my stick at one spot does not necessarily mean I am at the same AoA as the last time I put it there though it will likely get there eventually (Of course full back stick would probably be an indication that I'm likely to stall, I don't disagree there) and just because my airspeed is low does not necessarily mean I am definitely about to stall, IMHO it comes down to knowing your Aircraft and listening to it what it's telling you, simply using JUST your Airspeed OR Control Column/Yoke/Stick to tell you whether you're about to stall would be ignorant of the whole picture.

In the end a man has lost his life and another young man has had his permanently scarred, this particular willy measuring argument is really a moot point without know what has actually happened which I don't think anyone but Ryan will be able to tell us, if he hasn't suffered some kind of memory loss.

I have no problem with speculation, but what in the picture or evidence so far suggests that a stall was the cause anyway? I think we've already established from others that the Aircraft did infact come to rest in the position most of the photos show as opposed to inverted as some have heard so it seems to be a incorrect suggestion now anyway.

We do know there were blustery conditions, we do know the Tiger Moth can be a handful in such conditions, perhaps he just got plain ol' fashioned unlucky and mother nature took over. It happens as I'm sure quite a few of us on here have first hand knowledge of, sometimes you're just the poor bloke holding controls when it happens and from then on you're just along for the ride.