PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fastest Comands
Thread: Fastest Comands
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2015, 22:16
joe falchetto 64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a real interesting and fully legitim question. I shall say that I moved very fast after the upgrade in the LCC to other better options. Actually I earn an average of 4 times (gross) the monthly income of my former mates. I have to deduct the equivalent for the social security and retirement scheme that I have to pay by myself, but anyway it ends up to around 3 times the average monthly income. I have less job stability, but at the end I feel safer because in my old airline people are starting to be made redundant, and while for a FO over 50 is quite a challenge to find another job, for a PIC experienced on a very common aircraft is not that difficult. I have a full health coverage that I can easily afford to pay. When I was in the legacy, the last contract was 30 annual days of leave with 10 monthly days off reduced to 8 in peak season; no more than 12 days of leave during summer season; base changed and I found myself commuting. Now I have a commuting contract, a good number of yearly leave days and enjoy my time with my family. The quality of life for my family has been greatly increased. In the last 7 years I have always earned more than my former mates.
Just one last point, but not the least: I enjoy my job, I like to fly, and I find a great satisfaction to fly as PIC.
Hope this can answer your questions.