PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fastest Comands
Thread: Fastest Comands
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2015, 17:44
joe falchetto 64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very well said, Journey Man. Me too, I had to change from legacy airline to low cost to have the chance to upgrade. This career is supposed to be lived from the left hand seat, the right hand position being only a transition, a time used to learn and to interiorize some profession's hard points. I am happy to have changed company. Guess what? my former colleagues are still in the right seat in that legacy airline, and most of them will never have a chance to upgrade. Between them there are some really nice guy, some of them have big flying experiences in many different areas: this is life.
It is normal to find other and better chances: it is not normal to expect anything due to the fact that someone has logged 6000 hours or more. In my opinion, 10000 hours flown as first officer do nor guarantee to be a good PIC. My advice is to change for a fast growing airline, going in the right seat, waiting for the moment and keeping in shape for that moment: would be a nonsense to fail the command upgrade just because you wanted a fast upgrade.
Falchetto