PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADB Expired.Do I have to apply for license again.
Old 30th Dec 2015, 15:31
clunckdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JO, Im sorry, but you sound like a PR person of all thats wrong with TC, if you REALLY want to follow all the ICAO/EU/TC/ requirments then how about the one which says "flight crew licences shall clearly indicate what crew function the Lic holder serves""Aviation Document "doesnt cut it! Come along with us sometime when we drop into a field in a part of the world where if you dont wear gold bars {the more the better,} and have somthing which says "PILOT" on it then you are going to spend a whole bunch of time there trying to contact the local Canadian Consulate! {if there is one} As for the radio lic being issued by a seperate government departmen this is no excuse for the two "Empires" not to cooperate, the example you use rather than explain the situation mearly points out how disfunctional our Civil Service really is! It amazes me that my wife, {not a Canadian} can renew her documents faster than I can and I am only 1OO klicks from the TC head shed, she is a lot farther from her country of birth. As for the ADB being hard to forge, really? I think not judging by my experience in obtaining visas for of -shore students, anything you want to name can be forged to order using modern kit.The solution? well, just South of us we have a nation with more aviation than the rest of the world combined, lets just copy them, not perfect, but a hell of a lot better than we have in Canada.Happy new year!

Last edited by clunckdriver; 1st Jan 2016 at 20:17.