PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIN ATC
Thread: SIN ATC
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2015, 03:34
Pucka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will say, coming in from HKG on the 18th of Dec, SIN ATC was complete Mayhem. We carried a standard 2T extra fuel and wx was drizzle with vis around 8K and bas broken at 3k..no big challenges there then. We were told to hold at Vepli..the female controller was clearly very busy and getting overloaded. She picked us off on a SE heading with speed back at 210 then 180..we then had to do two orbits in two present positions. 3 a/c declared fuel emergency. One was a Scoot. Air Asia asked how long the delay might be..no answer..same controller was now getting flustered and replying with non standard RT.." wait a minute..I will see what can be done..I can't tell you.."
Service RW was 02L, and at no time was 02C offered for landing though we asked more than twice. When a delay time frame was offered, it was around 30 minutes, onto of our already 45 minutes of being vectored everywhere outside the prescribed holding areas..why not take up the hold at Nylon and get picked off the stack there… why not delay the outbounds off 02C and allow the mess to land?..
At no time was the controller relieved..where was the satco?..in a nutshell a bloody mess..and most unlike the SIN ATC of 10 years ago..no lateral thinking and no pragmatic flexibility..I'll be carrying at least 4 t extra next time..