PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2015, 22:16
cuthere

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who knows? They operated successfully out of BHD back in the day, and at the same time LDY's numbers increased.

I've always said that FR hold LDY to ransom (runway extension etc), whilst delivering little. I'd prefer EI-Regional or BE to serve the likes of LPL, BHX, GLA etc and FR to do the bucket and spade routes.

That would leave FR to run merry riot at BFS. I flew BFS to BRS on Sunday evening (the 16.30 departure - arriving to the airport at 15.10 to see a BRS departure at 15.30 gave me a fright!), and was pleased to see how busy it was. However, security was shocking. I got through at about 15.45. No laptop. No toiletries (I buy those airside), and there were quite a few elderly people visibly panicking about missing their STN flight.

Now, I appreciate the place was busy because of Christmas, but surely this wasn't a surprise for the airport. Furthermore, only three of the available x-ray machines were operational. Pathetic.

Once airside, all was well......until the panicked "last call" announcements for a plane that had not even landed.

All-in-all any sudden expansion by FR at either airport would utterly bugger them at peak times. I know. LDY is not busy. Put two FR flights through it within 30 mins to an hour, and it is carnage.

FR, whether they end up at BHD or BFS, will be a double-edged sword.